13.3.07

Rape! Lies! Free Online!

stream/download RASHOMON by Akira Kurosawa in its entirety here:
http://www.archive.org/details/Rashomon

I was stomping around town yesterday, trying to find a pair of new jeans. My other pairs, no matter how much I pay for them, always rip at the crotch after about six months of wear. I don't know whether it's an issue of denim quality as much as it's the fact that I do dumb shit for attention. These acts of stupidity usually involve giggling and getting one of my legs caught on a fence or a sharp object. It's like a disorder but you know what, it gets a laugh, so it's worth it in the end. Honestly though, I only do it because the media tells me to do it like that.

Case in point- that time I got surprisingly drunk in a cinema during a bad horror film, and then proceeded to try and slide down the escalator railing afterwards. The railing was made out of glass... and glass is, like, weirdly sharp and not sturdy. I ripped my jeans from under my ass all the way down the side of my leg. Even my boxer-briefs were shredded! Everyone laughed with me and I was content. I had to go home to change and get more beer. I told my parents I slipped. I lied.

So please don't tell me that violent movies have no negative effect on impressionable young males.

But I'm not that impressionable. I'm savvy enough. I'm a critical thinker. I know that in real life you can't have loud sex with a prostitute in a stolen car, and then run her over and kill her so you can get your money back after you're done...without a condom! It's only safe to do that in videogames because pixels can't get AIDS. And I get that. I respect that.

Anyways, I found a nice new pair of jeans and they're skinny but not too skinny. This weekend, I'm planning to watch Rashomon in my new skinny jeans!

Here's what Wikipdeia says about it: "This 1950s movie, directed by Akira Kurosawa, tells the story of a rape and murder through the widely differing accounts of four witnesses, including the perpetrator and, through a medium, his victim. Each version contradicts the others which leaves the viewer unable to determine the truth of the events."

...just like that Hillary Duff movie where she's in the army...

No comments: