28.12.06

Dead Animals Make Tasty Art II

Head On Berlin, Germany 2006, by Cai Guo-Qiang

99 life-sized wolf replicas running at a glass wall. Simple and Brilliant. I love the message: Animals are so stupid and they deserve to be tricked like this because they're so stupid and we should eat them all. I pretty much almost certain this is the message intended by the artist.

It's kind of weird though that the animals at the back are actually waiting to get in position to make the same mistake that those at the front are making? I'm probably reading too far into it.

This installation reminds me of those Windex commercials where those birds fly into really clean windows. Ha ha. If I was Guo-Qiang, I would do a sequel to this installation where 99 life-sized business women are jumping up and hitting a glass ceiling and then falling back down into a kitchen setting.

(Bad joke? maybe, but I went there and I'm oh so glad I did)

Here's another pic of this masterpiece.

Drawn.ca Link
Artist's Site

No comments: