11.1.07

Dead Animals Make Tasty Art III

Vermin Death Star by David Falconer

I really didn't mean to make this dead animals art thing a regular occurrence...but it was just so easy. So dead animal art is here to stay. Why are people (me) so fascinated with dead animal art? Well, as we all know, Jesus doesn't let animals into heaven because animals can't accept Jesus as their personal savior. That means that all dead animals rot in hell which means it's okay to do weird disrespectful shit to them. Logic is great when you ramble.

Behold the vermin death star. Basically it's a ball of dead rats. A giant ball of really dead rats with protruding jets that make the ball seem like it is growing from the inside. It is a metaphor about our world, about the American Dream, about my heart. I think. I don't really know what a metaphor is. Good times. Here's a response from the artist when he was asked whether he's proud of his work:
"I am," he said. "There aren't many giant balls of rats out there... It's not currently for sale, but it's worth about $70,000. That's only four dollars per rat!"
"I've sold about 30 smaller pieces," Falconer added. "Small clumps of rats fit nicely in a living room..." source: LINK
Here's the money shot:

No comments: